Through academic achievement and character development, the Boise High community will provide the essential knowledge and skills for students to make a significant impact on the diversified world in which we live.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES WE HONOR
- Respect of self, others, the environment
- Responsibility for choices and actions
- Honesty in all relationships
- Courage to face difficulties and to stand up for one’s beliefs
- Compassion for the needs and feelings of others
- Loyalty to family, school and community
- Results that reflect serious effort and commitment to excellence
SCHOOL BELIEFS INVENTORY
- We believe student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- We believe in providing a safe, inclusive, substance-free environment so that all students can learn.
- We believe each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- We believe in enhancing student self-esteem by celebrating diversity and building positive relationships among students and staff.
- We believe students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to accommodate different learning styles so that students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- We believe in providing opportunities for all students to demonstrate continual improvement in academic performance while applying their learning in meaningful, real-world contexts that prepare them for post high school success.
- We believe in providing technological opportunities for all students so that they may meet the demands of an ever-changing global work force.
- We believe in promoting good decision-making and civic responsibility among students through our Character Education program and by modeling our guiding principles of respect, compassion, courage, responsibility, and honesty.
- We believe in sharing the responsibility and accountability of continuous school improvement with students, all school personnel, parents, and the Boise High community to enable students to become confident, self-directed, and lifelong learners.
Our philosophy of education is made operational through the implementation of our goals. To this end, Boise High School will:
- Provide all students the opportunity to understand the purpose of school as it relates to workplace skills and career development;
- Encourage students, staff and parents to develop positive connections with each other, within the school and with the community;
- Offer quality educational experiences which recognize and challenge the varying talents, learning styles and unique needs of its student body;
- Implement a curriculum that requires all students to master fundamental skills and competencies as outlined through the State Standards;
- Provide students with the problem-solving and critical thinking skills needed for successful private decision-making as well as for meaningful participation in their society;
- Help students to assess, develop and value a sense of self-actualization through an understanding of their talents, interests and abilities.
ALL STUDENTS NEED TO ACHIEVE TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY.
Learning can be enjoyable and rewarding, but it requires students to work to their maximum potential. Boise High School has high academic standards for its students because they have the ability and the desire to succeed. The school is responsible for providing a competent staff and a climate that is conducive to effective learning. Students are responsible for making a commitment to their educational program and offering their best efforts in every class.
ALL STUDENTS NEED TO MAKE CONSISTENT ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY A DAILY EXPERIENCE.
It is difficult, if not impossible, to benefit fully from in-class learning experiences without regular daily attendance. New teaching technologies and instructional strategies simulate the workplace experience more than ever before. Cooperative and collaborative groups work best when every class member is present every day.
ALL STUDENTS NEED TO MAKE THEIR HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION THEIR TOP PRIORITY.
The school day is a full time job and deserves students’ full attention and participation. Out-of-school employment should be limited to weekends so that students have time to complete homework assignments and participate in extracurricular activities.
ALL STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW AND RESPECT OUR SCHOOL’S RULES OF BEHAVIOR.
The best learning takes place in an orderly environment. It is every student’s responsibility to contribute to a safe and orderly school climate. Living with values and ideals that demonstrate respect for self, for family, and for community, contribute to a student’s success and achievement. Resolving conflicts through mediation, keeping appointments with teachers, turning work in on time, attending class consistently, being punctual, valuing the diversity of the school’s population and supporting school activities are just a few of the ways in which students can be responsible, significant members of their school community.
COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE
The Tradition Continues